Friday, January 27, 2012

Next time around, election ballots will list all the names of those wishing to serve

GIL BALLOTS DO NOT LIST THE NAMES OF ALL CANDIDATES  The fact that the those currently on the Board would not add Scott Reno’s name to the ballot in the most recent election – and, in fact, have never placed anyone on the ballot other than those recommended by an incumbent Board, represents an egregious assault on the democratic process and the rights of GIL homeowners.

When buying their home, every member of our Association agrees to bind themselves to the decisions and actions of the GIL Board, and in exchange, homeowners are supposed to have the right to fully and genuinely participate in the governance and affairs of their Association. At GIL, homeowners only get half of that bargain. They become bound by the actions and decisions of the Board but, ultimately, their rights of full and genuine participation in those actions and decisions are not forthcoming.

In future elections, the Board can keep their 'ballot' and save us the $.20 a page CMA copy fee.

WE WILL BRING OUR OWN BALLOTS - ONES THAT FAIRLY LIST ALL THE NAMES OF THOSE WISHING TO SERVE.

People who read this post also read :



2 comments:

  1. Perhaps the Sutherklucks could start a school to teach us all how to be just like them or at least how to follow in perfect compliance..much like a southern baptists can teach a gay person how wrong they are...I wonder if they Sutherclucks are Southern Baptist. My money is on YES!!


    I have said it before and I will say it again, "Kit and Stuart Sutherland are the most dishonest low lives I have ever met!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger thanks again for all of your hard work,
    I go to 90% of the of the monthly meetings, and in the meeting before the election I asked the board, am I going to be on the ballot? They replied that they discussed it and that it was "the boards ballot" and that the choices on the ballot were that of the board. They also said the people could write me in if they wanted to. Well Id like you to keep in mind that we are at our 25% rental cap and 25% of the home owners (and more) don't even live here. So only the board member have access to there information.
    I made it clear at the beginning of the year that I was going to run for the board, and I attend all of the meetings. Why do you think the board wouldn't want me on there team? I am a project manager and supernatant for a construction company. My job is to solve building issues, select subcontractors, and make a working plan to to build, maintain or repair what the client needs. These are great qualifications. In my opinion the board does not want me there because I am not a yes person. I will and do and say what what I think is the right think not only for our property but our community also. And I stand up for what is right and not the stale thinking that has this property with many problems to fix and no money to fix them.
    I just want them to maintain or property, and do in a costly manner with quality job. This for the most part has not been happening here at Glen iris.

    ReplyDelete