Saturday, December 24, 2011

A note about leaving blog comments

Just an FYI..I do not believe it is my right nor my responsibility to censor whatever comments grown adults  choose to share with their neighbors. Extreme censorship is one of the main reasons no one uses our intranet to do anything more than get a copy of sanitized Board meeting minutes anymore. If you live here at GIL, then I presume you must have enough sense to decide what's appropriate on your own.

If you see a note that a post has been deleted by the blog administrator, then it was blog spam ("I know this is off topic...but you wanna know how I lost 15 pounds in 2 days...) and I gave it the boot. Unlike some, I actually want to hear what you have to say - even if it's that you think I'm a complete jerk. I'm a grown up and am perfectly able to hold my own.

I would rather our see our community improve by way of genuine and inclusive dialog than allow this forum become what our intranet became - a tool to manipulate what others think and discuss and a place as lacking in fresh ideas and any true spirit of community activism as the people that made it that way.

People who read this post also read :



1 comment:

  1. My mother loves your blog and says keep it up. Show the scum bags for what they are!!!! Best Christmas present I ever got!!!!!

    ReplyDelete